Ageing is one of the worst enemies of the skin, it affects skin on all areas of the body and with advancing age there are visible and noticeable changes, like loss of thickness, loss of elasticity and Loss of adherence to underlying tissues. Gravity also takes its toll and the overall skin sags and becomes lax. This sagging and laxity of the skin can lead to wobbly and droopy upper arms. To get back the toned arms with smooth skin an Arm lift is recommended.
The procedure to get the firm upper arms back is called an Arm Lift or Brachioplasty. When the soft tissue of the upper arms beneath the skin becomes lax it leads to sagging of the skin, sometimes this sagging is also seen after weight loss. Some people are more prone to have sagging arms due to genetic factors. Wobbly upper arms can lead to lack of self confidence especially in summers and hot climates where short sleeves are preferred.
- The procedure is done under general anesthesia or sedation and local anesthesia and takes around one to two hours to complete.
- During this procedure the part of the upper arm that extends from the underarm region to the elbow is reshaped and tightened using various techniques.
- It can be done with or without liposuction to help create a well-defined, trim and toned upper arm without leaving any visible scars.
- After the procedure you can feel a little sleepy and drowsy. The arm is wrapped in a special compression garment to help the skin in getting firmly attached to the tissue underneath. There can be many layers of stitches on the arm and a drain inserted to keep the fluid out for reduced swelling.
- Arm lift is a very safe procedure and usually there are no complications.
Things to Remember:
It is very important to choose the right plastic or cosmetic surgeon. You have only one body and putting it in the hands of anyone less competent can result is grave consequences. The ideal surgeon is someone who can understand what you want to achieve with the cosmetic surgery procedure and can offer the best possible solution.
Our state of the art cosmetic surgery facility has the best doctors, latest machines and most competent and compassionate staff to provide exceptional services.
Book a Free Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for an arm lift?
A patient in overall good health, who has been weight stable for at least one year and desires to improve the contour of their upper arms.
How long will my results last?
Your results will be permanent given that you do not gain or lose a significant amount of weight. Your body will still undergo the normal aging process, which could result in some changes.
Is arm lift surgery painful?
There is discomfort associated with all body contouring procedures. Most patients report that the pain is very tolerable. The great majority of patients are off of prescription pain medicine by a few days after surgery.
What type of anesthesia is used for arm lift surgery?
Arm lifts are usually performed in the operating room under general anesthesia. Additionally, many surgeons inject additional local numbing medicine in the surgical area while you are asleep to provide additional postoperative pain control.
Is there any scarring with arm lift surgery?
Yes, there is scarring associated with all body contouring procedures. Many physicians and patients believe this is the biggest downside to an arm lift.