Thigh Lift Surgery
A thighplasty is the correct terminology for the thigh lift. It is a cosmetic surgical procedure to tighten and improve the appearance of your thighs due to excess skin. This can be a result of ageing, pregnancy, or significant weight loss.
Your thighs may look dimpled with sagging skin or have a flabby appearance. The goal of a thigh lift is to lift and contour your thighs. The surgery helps them look slim and in proportion with the rest of your body. A combination of a thighplasty and liposuction techniques may be performed to give the thighs a smoother, more toned appearance.
BMC’s surgeons treat the flabbiness and excess skin through an incision made from the groin to halfway of the thigh. This helps reduce the effects of the unwanted longer scar. The surgery duration is usually less than three hours. It can be done under local anaesthesia with sedation or general anaesthesia.
- Thighplasty is usually performed as an outpatient procedure with general anaesthesia or an epidural. Depending on the type of thigh lift and the area being treated, the incision pattern will vary.
- The most common thigh lift technique begins with an incision in the groin area. In all cases, skin and/or fat is removed. The underlying tissue is reshaped and tightened. The remaining skin is lifted, smoothed and sutured into place at the incision site.
- Surgery typically takes 2 to 3 hours.
Things to Remember:
It is very important to choose the right plastic or cosmetic surgeon. You have only one body and putting it in the hands of anyone less competent can result in grave consequences. The ideal surgeon is someone who can understand what you want to achieve with the cosmetic surgery procedure. They will work with you to get the best possible solution.
Our state of the art cosmetic surgery facility has the best doctors and the latest machines. We have the most competent and compassionate staff so that BMC can provide exceptional services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for a thigh lift?
- Anyone with loose, soft, fatty tissue along the outer or inner thigh can benefit from the Thigh Lift. The ideal candidate is a nonsmoker, in relatively good health, who possesses a clear understanding of the Thigh Lift procedure.
- Patients should have a relatively stable weight, commit to the recovery process and hold reasonable expectations for their results.
How long does the surgery last?
The surgery usually lasts for around 20 years varying from person to person. The effects of ageing, gravity and sun exposure are unavoidable, which will lead to your skin naturally changing again. Suggestions are given by the surgeon to maintain the best results of the surgery.
When can I get back to work?
Normally, a person can get back to work after 4-5 weeks, when the recovery timeline is completed.
Will there be scars after surgery?
Every surgery leaves a scar. The Thigh Lift will result in a scar, running laterally from the groin to the inner knee. While the scars are permanent, they will fade over time.
What is the recovery period?
Patients should expect their recovery after a Thigh Lift to last about two weeks. Bruising and swelling will be seen initially; these will slowly resolve over the first several weeks. A compression garment will be required for several weeks to alleviate swelling and assist with the healing process.
Is the thigh lift painful?
Patients may note mild to moderate discomfort after the Thigh Lift. Appropriate pain medications will be provided for a peaceful recovery.
Where can I get the thigh lift surgery?
The Thigh Lift Surgery can be performed at all our locations across the UK. In fact all our surgeries and procedures can be done at any of these locations. This includes all cosmetic surgeries, hair transplants, hair treatments and injectables.
- Harley Street, London.
- Kensington Olympia, London.
- City London.
You can find out which location is best for you by contacting us here.