A thighplasty, also known as a thigh lift, is a cosmetic surgical procedure to tighten and improve the appearance of your thighs due to excess skin on your thighs that can be a result of aging, pregnancy, or a significant weight loss.
Your thighs may look dimpled with sagging skin or have a flabby appearance. The goal of a thigh lift is to lift and contour your thighs so that they look slim and in proportion with the rest of your body. A combination of a thighplasty and liposuction techniques may be performed to give the thighs a smoother, more toned appearance.
Beyond Med Centre’s plastic surgeons treat the flabbiness and the excess skin through an incision made from the grown to half way of the thigh, in order to reduce the effects of the unwanted longer scar. The surgery duration is usually less than three hours; it can be done under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
- Thighplasty is usually performed as an outpatient procedure with general anesthesia or an epidural. Depending on the type of thigh lift and the area being treated, the incision pattern will vary.
- The most common thigh lift technique begins with an incision in the groin area. In all cases, skin and/or fat is removed; the underlying tissue is reshaped and tightened and the remaining skin is lifted and smoothed, and sutured into place at the incision site.
- Surgery typically takes 2 to 3 hours.
Things to Remember:
It is very important to choose the right plastic or cosmetic surgeon. You have only one body and putting it in the hands of anyone less competent can result is grave consequences. The ideal surgeon is someone who can understand what you want to achieve with the cosmetic surgery procedure and can offer the best possible solution.
Our state of the art cosmetic surgery facility has the best doctors, latest machines and most competent and compassionate staff to provide exceptional services.
Book a Free Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for a thigh lift?
- Anyone with loose, soft, fatty tissue along the outer or inner thigh can benefit from the Thigh Lift. The ideal candidate is a nonsmoker, in relatively good health, who possesses a clear understanding of the Thigh Lift procedure.
- Patients should have a relatively stable weight, commit to the recovery process, and hold reasonable expectations for their results.
How long does the surgery last?
The surgery usually lasts for around 20 years varying from person to person but the effects of aging, gravity and sun exposure are unavoidable. Usually, suggestions are given by the surgeon to maintain the surgery.
When can I get back to work?
Normally, a person can get back to work after 4-5 weeks, when the recovery timeline is completed.
Will there be scars after surgery?
Every surgery leaves a scar and Thigh Lift will result in a scar, running laterally from the groin to the inner knee. While the scars are permanent, they will fade over time.
What is the recovery period?
Patients should expect their recovery after a Thigh Lift to last about two weeks. Bruising and swelling will be seen initially; these will slowly resolve over the first several weeks. A compression garment will be required for several weeks, to alleviate swelling and assist with the healing process.
Is the thigh lift is painful?
Patients may note mild to moderate discomfort after the Thigh Lift; appropriate pain medications will be provided for a peaceful recovery.