Abdominoplasty, commonly known as a Tummy Tuck removes the extra fat and skin around the stomach. In the process, the abdominal wall is also tightened. Most women after having babies or after extreme weight loss are unhappy with the sagginess of their stomach. They feel less confident about the loose skin hanging down in the middle of their body.
The perfect solution – Tummy Tuck.
Our experts at the Beyond Med Centre attend to all of your needs. With Dr. Mauro heading the team, the specially designed surgical procedure helps get rid of the excess fat on your tummy.
Tummy Tuck procedure is for both men and women. For men, our Tummy Tuck London team performs the surgery in a way that the natural feel and look of the body remains intact. It can be carried out as a Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery or even a full procedure. Sometimes the procedure is combined with Liposuction, depending on the condition of skin and the amount of fat in the body.
Our Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery services are among the best in London, UK. Our highly skilled cosmetic surgeons have performed many surgeries with exceptional results.
Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck is carried out under anesthesia and the procedure takes around two hours.
- An incision is made in the centre of abdomen and once the loose, hanging skin of the stomach is trimmed, the belly button is re-positioned. The scars heal gradually and fade away with time.
- The surgeons advise an overnight hospital stay so that the patient is given the best post-op care.
- Patients are given antibiotics to avoid any risk of infection. Strong painkillers keep the patients comfortable and pain free.
Post surgery care includes wearing a support waist girdle at least for a few weeks after the surgery. Physical activity has to be started gradually and slowly, without putting pressure on the body.
Full recovery takes a couple of weeks and the tummy tuck before and after results are generally visible in ten days.
Things to Remember
The results of Tummy Tuck are long lasting, especially if the patient follows a healthy lifestyle. It is best that you opt for the procedure once you have completed your family, as pregnancy can cause the abdomen to sag again.
Book a Free Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is a perfect Candidate?
Anyone, male or female, who has some loose skin of the abdomen that desires to have a smoother, flatter, tighter contour would be a good candidate.
What Type of Results Can I Expect After My Tummy Tuck?
Typical results include a flat abdomen with removal of any skin rolls. The results of a tummy tuck are very long lasting, as long as there aren’t huge fluctuations in weight due to dieting or pregnancy.
What Are the Risks and Complications Associated with this Procedure?
Most of the risks are minor, such as wound healing issues, scar asymmetry, numbness, or some fluid buildup. More severe, but less common risks include blood clots to the legs or lungs, bleeding, or infection.
What is recovery like?
- Most patients experience some bruising and/or swelling, though these symptoms should subside over the course of a few weeks. The majority of individuals are able to return to non-strenuous jobs or activities after about one to two weeks; however, heavy lifting and/or strenuous physical labor should be avoided for at least six to eight weeks.
- To help facilitate healing, patients are often encouraged to walk around as soon as they feel comfortable enough to do so.
Are there scars that result from tummy tuck surgery?
- Yes, every surgical procedure is associated with scarring. Every effort is taken to make the scars as inconspicuous as possible. The appearance of the scars may continue to improve for 6 to 12 months after surgery.
- In the case of abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), the scars may be located around the belly button, as well as across the lowest part of abdomen.