Tummy Tuck Surgery
Abdominoplasty is more commonly known as a Tummy Tuck. It removes the extra fat and skin around the stomach. In the process, the abdominal wall is also tightened. Most women after having babies or after extreme weight loss are unhappy with the sagginess of their stomach. They feel less confident about the loose skin hanging down in the middle of their body.
The perfect solution – Tummy Tuck.
Our experts at the Beyond Med Centre attend to all of your needs. With Dr. Mauro heading the team, the specially designed surgical procedure helps get rid of excess fat on your tummy.
The Tummy Tuck procedure is for both men and women. Our team performs the surgery in a way so that the natural feel and look of the body remains intact. It can be carried out as a Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery or even a full procedure. Sometimes the procedure is combined with Liposuction. This depends on the condition of the skin and the amount of fat in the body.
Our Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery services are among the best in the UK. Our highly skilled cosmetic surgeons have performed many surgeries with exceptional results.
Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Abdominoplasty, Tummy Tuck, is carried out under anaesthesia and the procedure takes around two hours.
- An incision is made in the centre of the abdomen. Once the loose hanging skin of the stomach is trimmed the belly button is re-positioned. The scars heal gradually and fade away with time.
- The surgeons advise an overnight hospital stay so that the patient is given the best post-op care.
- Patients are given antibiotics to avoid any risk of infection. Strong painkillers keep the patients comfortable and pain-free.
Post-surgery care includes wearing a support waist girdle at least for a few weeks after the surgery. Physical activity has to be started gradually and slowly, without putting pressure on the body.
Full recovery takes a couple of weeks. The tummy tuck before and after results are generally visible in ten days.
Things to Remember
The results of Tummy Tuck are long-lasting, especially if the patient follows a healthy lifestyle. If you are thinking of getting pregnant then this surgery is not advisable. It is best that you opt for the procedure once you have completed your family. Pregnancy can cause the abdomen to sag again.
It is very important to choose the right plastic or cosmetic surgeon. You have only one body and putting it in the hands of anyone less competent can result in grave consequences. The ideal surgeon is someone who can understand what you want to achieve with the cosmetic surgery procedure. They will work with you to get the best possible solution.
Our state of the art cosmetic surgery facility has the best doctors and the latest machines. We have the most competent and compassionate staff so that BMC can provide exceptional services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is a perfect Candidate?
Anyone, male or female, who has some loose skin of the abdomen. They should desire to have a smoother, flatter, tighter contour.
What Type of Results Can I Expect After My Tummy Tuck?
Typical results include a flat abdomen with the removal of any skin rolls. The results of a tummy tuck are very long lasting. Any huge fluctuations in weight due to dieting or pregnancy can affect long lasting results.
What Are the Risks and Complications Associated with this Procedure?
Most of the risks are minor, such as wound healing issues, scar asymmetry, numbness, or some fluid buildup. More severe, but less common risks include blood clots to the legs or lungs, bleeding, or infection. This is why we encourage at least one overnight stay after surgery in hospital so you can be monitored effectively.
What is recovery like?
- Most patients experience some bruising and/or swelling. However, these symptoms should subside over the course of a few weeks. The majority of individuals are able to return to non-strenuous jobs or activities after about one to two weeks. Heavy lifting and/or strenuous physical labor should be avoided for at least six to eight weeks.
- To help facilitate healing, patients are often encouraged to walk around as soon as they feel comfortable to do so.
Are there scars that result from tummy tuck surgery?
- Yes, every surgical procedure is associated with scarring. Every effort is taken to make the scars as inconspicuous as possible. The appearance of the scars will continue to improve for 6 to 12 months after surgery.
- In the case of abdominoplasty, tummy tuck, the scars may be located around the belly button. There may also be scarring across the lowest part of abdomen.
Where can I get the tummy tuck surgery?
The Tummy Tuck Surgery can be performed at all our locations across the UK. In fact all our surgeries and procedures can be done at any of these locations. This includes all cosmetic surgeries, hair transplants, hair treatments and injectables.
- Harley Street, London.
- Kensington Olympia, London.
- City London.
You can find out which location is best for you by contacting us here.