Breast Augmentation is Breast Implant Surgery that helps to improve the symmetry and also increases the fullness of the breasts. The surgery is also carried out to restore breast volume lost after pregnancy or weight reduction.
Women usually opt for Breast Augmentation Surgery when they feel sagginess of breasts after breastfeeding, or also to achieve well-portioned results. Females who decide to have breast implant surgery look to increase the fullness and projection of their breasts, improve the balance of their figure and enhance their self-confidence and image.
At Beyond Med Centre, the best breast implants surgeons and nurses ensure that the patients get the top level service along with follow-up care. Our Breast Augmentation London team makes sure that you are the right candidate for the procedure. In the initial consultation discusses realistic expectations and the overall physical health of the candidate.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
- Breast enlargement panel brief the patient with preoperative instructions. Breast Augmentation is not successful alone if the breasts are severely drooping. In that case breast lift procedure is also recommended and your doctor will discuss the option with you.
- World-class cosmetic surgeons are a part of our Breast Augmentation team in London and they will determine the best type of surgery for you. Before your breast implant and enlargement surgery, our surgeon will evaluate the ideal breast size that doesn’t appear artificial or dis-proportioned from the rest of the body. He will also take consensus on the ideal incision location.
- The procedure can be performed under both General and Local anesthesia. The surgeon makes an incision in an area that minimizes scarring and visibility, creating a pocket in the breast in which the implant is placed. It is usually placed behind the breast tissue or sometimes just below the pectoral muscle.
Breast Augmentation Costs
While comparing Breast Augmentation Cost in London, remember that you are paying for experience and the skills of your surgeon. This is where Dr.Sam ranks at the top as one of the leading cosmetic surgeons in the UK and Europe. The cost of the procedure varies from patient to patient and the type of incision you are opting for. It’s best to discuss the expense beforehand.
The results of breast implants and augmentation show immediately. You’ll get the complete effect once the swelling subsides. The implants won’t last a lifetime and you might have to get them replaced. An annual examination with your surgeon is recommended.
Book a Free Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery time for Breast Augmentation?
- Once in post-op, the patient is closely monitored and will have to wear a supportive garment or bra to ensure minimal bruising and swelling. The incision is protected through a surgical bandage and will be removed after at least two weeks.
- The surgeons who perform breast implants procedure at Beyond Med Center provide the patient with post surgical care instructions. Following the surgery, extreme care has to be taken for at least six weeks.
Is there will be any scars after breast augmentation?
Scars from a breast augmentation are short and generally well-hidden in the crease underneath your breast and can be covered up by a bra or bathing suit top. Longer incisions going up to the nipple will be made if you have a combination of breast procedures, including a breast lift.
How long do the breast implants last?
- While breast implants have the potential to last a lifetime, the manufacturers do not consider them ‘lifetime devices’, meaning that breast implants have the possibility of leaking over time. If a saline implant leaks, the saltwater is harmlessly absorbed by the body. If the implant does not show deflation, it can potentially be left in for a lifetime.
- A deflated implant is not a serious event or an emergency. Replacement can be performed at a convenient time for the patient. Silicone implants are now made so that even if their outer shell ruptures, the silicone inside remains intact and will likely not leak outside of the shell.
Can I breast feed after breast augmentation surgery?
Breast feeding after breast augmentation isn’t any more challenging than it would be otherwise. There is no danger of breast implant material, saline or silicone, being passed into the breast milk and affecting your child in any way.
When can I return to work?
This depends on your job and its physical demands. Some general guidelines are: Upper arm movements, like reaching, should be avoided for the first 1-2 weeks. Lifting anything heavier than 5 pounds should be avoided for 6 weeks after the operation. This lifting restriction may prevent some women from returning to work.