Are you uncomfortable with your over large breasts? Does the heaviness of your breasts cause shoulder and muscle pain? The best solution is Breast Reduction Surgery. A cosmetic surgery, it can reduce breast size to make them proportional with the rest of your body.
Beyond Med Centre offers the patients the best Breast Reduction Procedure. Led by the renowned cosmetic surgeon Dr. Mauro , his Breast Reduction team makes sure that you are satisfied with your decision to have the surgery. The procedure involves removing excess tissues and skin from the breast to reshape it. Most of the times, the areola has to be shifted as well so that it is in proportion with the breast.
- Both, the breast reduction and lift procedures take place under general anesthesia. Your surgeon will remove the excess fat, tissues and skin from the breast and will improve the overall shape of the breasts.
- Depending on the requirement, volume adjustments are also made, matching the proportions with the rest of the body.
- Our dedicated team of plastic surgeons at the Beyond Med Centre carefully administers and monitors anesthetic medications so that the patient is comfortable during the surgery.
- The incision is made after thorough deliberation and the surgeon decides between the three incision options so that minimum scarring is caused. The first incision option involves making a circular incision around the areola.
- The second option includes making a keyhole shaped incision; whereas, in the third a T-shaped incision is made around the areola. Once the extra tissues, fat and skin is removed, the incisions are stitched together.
Once the Breast Reduction Surgery is carried out successfully, the patient has to wear a support garment temporarily. It not just supports the breasts but also help in the healing process. It minimizes scarring, swelling and bruising. To drain any excess fluids and blood, a thin tube is also placed temporarily underneath the skin. Tiredness, fatigue and slight pain is normal after the surgery. Doctor prescribed medications help ease the pain and make the recovery process quite comfortable.
It takes almost a month to recover from Breast Reduction Procedure and during this time all physical activities have to be avoided. Your surgeon will give you special instructions to follow and provides the patient with written recovery period instructions. It is highly recommended that the patient attends all the follow-ups with the doctor.
Things to Consider
Before you decide to have the surgery, make sure you have all the details on Breast Reduction Surgery Cost. The overall cost varies from patient to patient, but remember that you are paying for our Doctors experience.
The results of Breast Reduction Surgery are visible almost immediately. The patient can enjoy a well-balanced figure and general lightness, making them feel good all the time. Many women call this surgery a life-changing experience. For more information or consultation, please call our helpline.
Book a Free Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for a breast reduction?
- Women with breasts that are too large for their frame are good candidates for a breast reduction.
How long does breast reduction recovery take?
- Most patients return to work within two weeks, although some patients have returned after just five days. Breast reduction recovery is highly individual.
- The discomfort is more than likely the main reason people tend to take time off from work. You should not bend over, lift your arms over your head or exercise until well after three weeks post-op
When will I be able to see the results?
- You should notice the difference in breast volume immediately. After the swelling subsides, you will begin to notice a difference in the compact appearance of your breasts.
Will there any visible breast reduction scars?
- Incisions are usually made within the natural folds under the breasts, sometimes around the areolae, and in a line from the crease to the areolae.
- The surgery is not a minor one and breast reduction scars should be expected. Discuss with your doctor his or her incision placement of choice, and why, and remember to get several opinions.
Is breast reduction permanent?
- Fat cells and breast tissue that are removed during breast reduction surgery cannot grow back. However, if you gain weight following the procedure, your breasts may grow in size and change shape.
- Staying at a healthy weight and exercising regularly are important following surgery. We also encourage our patients to wear highly supportive bras to retain the best possible breast shape.