The excess skin and fat on the upper eyelid can create droopy eyelids and puffiness, generally giving the face an aged appearance. An Eyelid Surgery also called blepharoplasty, is an effective way to remove the bags under the eyes, tighten the eyelid and make the area look sharp and youthful. The procedures generally done in combination of blepharoplasty are facelift, chin liposuction or brow lift.
Eyelid Plastic Surgery can treat loose and sagging skin near the eyes that can disturb the natural contouring of the upper eyelid and also impair vision. It also removes the fatty deposits that appear as puffiness and bags under the eyes. At Beyond Med Center, Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery is performed by a team of experienced surgeons who offer the patients best treatment. The medical facility is run by Dr. Bashar Bizrah, who is the leading cosmetic and plastic surgeon in the world. Along with his Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery London & Dubai team, he comes up with a plan keeping in mind the ethnic backgrounds of the patients he is working with.
Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery Procedure:
- Eyelid Surgery is performed under local anesthesia. A rather delicate surgery, your surgeon will make the incision lines in such a way that the resultant scars are well concealed within the natural folds and structures of the eyelid region.
- For the upper eyelid, an incision is made within the natural crease on the eyelid as it allows for re-positioning or removal of fat deposits, excess skin and the tightening of muscles.
- If you plan on having Eyelid Surgery in London then Dr. Bizrah and his team will use state-of-the-art techniques that allow quick and natural healing.
- Once the incisions are made, the surgeon separates the muscles and tissues from the skin, trims the sagging skin and once satisfied, closes the incisions with fine sutures. It takes around 4 to 5 days for the incisions to heal after which the sutures are removed.
- The scars are covered with an antibiotic ointment and protected with a thin bandage. Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, it’s normal for the eyelids to feel sore and tight. Patients are mostly prescribed analgesia to keep them comfortable and pain free. Swelling and bruising is also common and can last between one to two weeks.
Recovery and Cost:
- The post-op care at the Beyond Med Centre is one of the best. To prevent infections and dryness, ointments and eye drops are prescribed.
- It’s also normal to experience sensitivity to light, itching and dryness. There can be slight changes in vision for the first few weeks but it’s temporary and things get settled eventually.
- By that time swelling and discoloration around the eyes also starts to subside. The results are absolutely striking and the sharp, more alert and youthful look after eyelid plastic surgery lasts for many years.
It is very important to choose the right plastic or cosmetic surgeon for this procedure. The Eyelid Surgery cost varies and depends on the facilities as well as on the other related expenses. It’s best to discuss it in detail beforehand with your surgeon.
Book a Free Appointment
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can perform blepharoplasty?
A blepharoplasty is for patients who have loose skin or bulges of fat in the upper or lower lid.
What is the best age to have a blepharoplasty?
While some patients have an eyelift in their early thirties, the peak for the operation is the forties. There is another peak in the fifties and sixties when a large number of patients have a facelift and the upper eyes are done in conjunction. Ultimately it is not a matter of age; it is when there is enough to do to make it worth doing.
What is the success rate of cosmetic eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery is very successful in patients who have been properly educated and have reasonable expectations.
Is there any pain after surgery?
Patients have surprisingly little discomfort after most eyelid procedures. An occasional patient will require medication.