The excess skin and fat on the upper eyelid can create droopy eyelids and puffiness. This can generally give the face an aged appearance. An Eyelid Surgery is also known as blepharoplasty. It is an effective way to remove bags under the eyes and tighten the eyelids. It can make the area look sharp and youthful. The procedures generally done in combination with blepharoplasty are a facelift, chin liposuction and brow lift.
Blepharoplasty can treat loose and sagging skin near the eyes that can disturb the natural contouring of the upper eyelid. The surgery can also improve your vision. It also removes the fatty deposits that appear as puffiness and bags under the eyes. At BMC, Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery is performed by a team of experienced surgeons who offer the patients the best treatment. The medical facility is run by Dr. Bashar Bizrah. He is the leading cosmetic and plastic surgeon in the world. Along with his Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery London & Dubai team, they work with you to devise the best care plan. They will always keep in mind your ethnic background and take consideration of your needs and wishes.
Eyelid Cosmetic Surgery Procedure:
- Eyelid Surgery is performed under local anaesthesia. It is a rather delicate surgery. Your surgeon will make the incision lines in such a way that the resultant scars are well concealed. They will be hidden within the natural folds and structures of the eyelid region.
- For the upper eyelid, an incision is made within the natural crease on the eyelid. This allows for repositioning or removal of fat deposits, excess skin and the tightening of muscles.
- If you plan on having Eyelid Surgery in London then Dr. Bizrah and his team should be your highest consideration. They will use state-of-the-art techniques that allow quick and natural healing.
- Once the incisions are made, the surgeon separates the muscles and tissues from the skin. They can then trim the sagging skin and once satisfied, close the incisions with fine sutures. It takes around 4 to 5 days for the incisions to heal after which the sutures are removed.
- The scars are covered with an antibiotic ointment and protected with a thin bandage. Once the effect of anaesthesia wears off, it’s normal for the eyelids to feel sore and tight. Patients are mostly prescribed analgesia to keep them comfortable and pain free. Swelling and bruising is also common and can last between one to two weeks.
Recovery and Cost:
- The post-op care at the Beyond Med Centre is one of the best. To prevent infections and dryness, ointments and eye drops are prescribed.
- It’s also normal to experience sensitivity to light, itching and dryness. There can be slight changes in vision for the first few weeks. This is temporary and things will settle eventually.
- By that time swelling and discolouration around the eyes will begin to subside. The results are absolutely striking. The sharp, more alert and youthful look after eyelid plastic surgery lasts for many years.
Things to consider
It is very important to choose the right plastic or cosmetic surgeon for this procedure. The Eyelid Surgery cost varies and depends on the facilities as well as on the other related expenses. It’s best to discuss it in detail beforehand with your surgeon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can have blepharoplasty?
A blepharoplasty is for patients who have loose skin or bulges of fat in the upper or lower lid.
What is the best age to have a blepharoplasty?
While some patients have an eyelift in their early thirties, the peak for the operation is the forties. There is also another peak in the fifties and sixties. This is when a large number of patients have a facelift and the upper eyes are done in conjunction. Ultimately it is not a matter of age. It is when there is enough to do to make it worth doing.
What is the success rate of cosmetic eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery is very successful in patients who have been properly educated and have reasonable expectations.
Is there any pain after surgery?
Patients have surprisingly little discomfort after most eyelid procedures. An occasional patient will require medication.
Where can I get blepharoplasty eyelid cosmetic surgery?
The blepharoplasty or eyelid cosmetic surgery can be performed at all our locations across the UK. In fact, all our surgeries and procedures can be done at any of these locations. This includes all cosmetic surgeries, hair transplants, hair treatments and injectables.
- Harley Street, London.
- Kensington Olympia, London.
- City London.
You can find out which location is best for you by contacting us here.