Beard and Moustaches Hair Transplantation Overview
For some people, a beard is a fashionable trend, for some it is a tribute to traditions, but for someone it is just very “to face”. Many men cannot imagine their image without her. French, Italian, goatee, “Hollywood”, old school and many other options and types of mustaches and beards give men the opportunity to find exactly their unique image, emphasize masculinity, reflect character.
But growing a beard to your liking is often not so easy! This is usually due to two reasons:
- Hereditary scarce facial hair.
- Partial, anaesthetic absence of facial hair due to skin injury or surgery.
In this case, the problem has a simple solution – a beard and moustache transplant.
Beard and Moustaches Hair Transplantation. Step-by-Step
The process of creating an aesthetic beard, mustache and whiskers begins with the fitting:
Step 1 Determine the type of face of a man.
Step 2 Choose the shape and type of beard that will suit a particular person and create the desired image.
Step 3 Draw contours
The Process of Beard and Moustaches Hair Transplantation at Beyond Med Centre
Immediately before the procedure, the contour of the future beard is carefully drawn. The implantation of hair in the beard area is carried out under local anaesthesia. Modern preparations of local anaesthesia make it possible to carry out the procedure painlessly, in conditions comfortable for the patient.
Removing grafts (fragments of the skin, including 1-2 hair follicles) for transplantation into the beard area. Transplant grafts are taken from the back of the head. Hair grafts are separated, prepared for transplantation on a beard, processed, sorted and counted.
Implantation of grafts into the chin area.
The Beyond Med Centre has successfully applied two techniques for implanting grafts into a problem area:
1st method: Sequential.
It involves two stages of the procedure – first microchannels are formed, after which each individual graft is placed in the prepared channel.
Only the highest skill and professionalism of surgeons at the Beyond Med Centre makes it possible to conduct microchannel formation, taking into account the direction of hair growth!
2nd method: Implantation in one movement.
The technology combines a micro-puncture of the skin and landing of the donor graft in one touch.
Of course, the method of obtaining donor material for transplantation of a beard and moustache, the implantation technology – cannot be universal for all patients. Only many years of practice and experience, combined with the possession of innovative techniques, allow Beyond Med Centre surgeons to choose for each of our clients the only true and suitable method of hair transplantation into a beard, considering all individual characteristics. The postoperative rehabilitation period takes several days.
A beautiful beard will decorate your face, emphasize the image and help express your character, cultural code and style, and Beyond Med Centre is always ready to help you with this!
The Beard & Mustache Transplant Procedure
- Beard and mustache transplants are performed using the FUE procedure, which enables individual follicles to be harvested and implanted.
- The procedure works best when the donor follicles have similar characteristics to the type of hair you want to grow.
- If you have enough suitable facial hair to fill in a bald patch, it may be possible to extract follicles from that area.
- However, it is usually necessary to use hair from another part of the body instead.
- Hair is often taken from the hairline at the rear of the head for beard and mustache transplants, but sometimes other areas such as the chest are used as donors.
- Step 1 – Beard & Mustache Transplant operations are performed on patients with a mild sedation (optional) and injected with local anesthesia. The transplant ares treated with an antibacterial agent prior the donor scalp being harvested.
- Step 2 – With Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE harvesting, individual follicular units will then be extracted from the donor area
- Step 3 – Very small micro blades or fine needles are used to puncture the sites for extracting the grafts, placing them in a predetermined pattern and density.
- Step 4 – The final part of the operation is by inserting & positioning individual grafts at recipient area (area of concern).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is hair transplant for Men and women?
- Hair loss can affect both men and women. Hair transplant is widely used for both men and women.
Is there an age limit for hair transplant?
- Usually patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for a hair transplant surgery.
- A balding or receding hairline can occur at any stage of life, usually affecting males around the age of 33. However, most men start to notice a receding hairline in their early 20’s and this has caused an increase in young men looking at FUE hair transplants as a solution.
How long does it take for hair to grow after hair transplant?
- Within a few weeks after the operation you may notice some hair loss from the new transplanted area.
- The transplanted hair will begin to grow again in 2-3 months, and it will take up to 12 months to get the complete result.
Is there any scarring?
- With FUE there’s no visible linear scarring, which makes it a better choice. FUE only leaves minute, dot-like scars where each follicle was individually removed.
- These are nearly impossible to see.
- As a result of the strip method (FUT) it creates a linear scar on the back of the head.
Is it a painful procedure?
- The FUE procedure will be performed under local anesthesia and is minimal to no pain during the procedure
What is the recovery period?
- The recovery time for FUE is usually around 8-10 days.
- Recovery time depends on the type of surgery used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In general, most people return to work within a week of the procedure. If stitches are used, they will be removed within 10 days.
- Most of the transplanted hair will fall out within 6 weeks post-surgery. New hair growth should be visible in the recipient areas within months, with hair growing by a half-inch each month.