Permanent Eyebrow Transplant Surgery
- Eyebrow restoration or transplants can improve the shape and thickness of your eyebrows by implanting individual hair follicles exactly where they are needed.
- The treatment is carefully tailored to achieve natural-looking results that match your desired appearance.
About Hair Transplant
Who Should Have an Eyebrow Transplant?
- Eyebrows can have a dramatic impact on your appearance, so if yours are naturally thin or have been affected by Alopecia areata, injuries, thyroid disorders or other issues then you’re the perfect fit for an eyebrow transplant.
- The eyebrows can also be damaged by over-plucking or altered by hair removal techniques such as laser treatment or electrolysis. If you want to restore your brows or improve their appearance then an eyebrow transplant could be right for you. Eyebrow transplants can thicken, reshape or restore the brows.
Different Techniques used in Eyebrow Transplant?
FUE & Nano technique
- Hair follicles are extracted individually by using micro fine -instruments.The FUE involves a micro fine cylinder shaped tubular instrument attached to a hand piece which provides a fast speed rotation.
- This enters the area creating a small shaped incision allowing the graft to be extracted without damaging its delicate micro structure. This process can be completed within a few hours only, patients will be free from pain and comfortable, with minimal recovery time.
- DHI method consists of transplanting human hair shafts one by one employing the similar method as the FUE. However the difference being the grafts are implanted with a choi pen.
The difference between Choi pen and the regular method of graft planting.
- The technician/doctor will carefully load the implanter pens ( Choi pen)
- The doctor/technician will use a choi pen to insert an incision and the g raft will be inserted/planted immediately at this point.
- Benefits of this? Some doctors/surgeons work independently without a team of technicians. However, there is no proven difference other than time. With a group of experienced technicians, the grafts will be inserted into the already created incisions, this may be a quicker root.
- During your hair transplant surgery, you may notice a team of technicians or you may not! Upon completion of the harvested grafts the Doctor/surgeon will create incisions.
- The technicians will place the grafts one by one using instruments designed for this purpose
- Avoid taking blood thinning medication like Aspirin 3-4 days before the procedure
- Quit smoking 3-4 days prior the procedure
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for 2-3 days prior the procedure
- Limit your caffeine intake 2-3 days before
The Eyebrow Transplant Procedure
- Eyebrow transplants are very delicate procedures that need to be performed by experienced specialists in order to achieve the correct results.
- The transplant can be conducted using FUE techniques to obtain the donor follicles, which will be individually implanted into tiny needle-made incisions on the brow.
- You will be given a mild sedative during the procedure to help you to feel relaxed and a local anesthetic to prevent you from feeling any pain.
- Each follicle will be carefully positioned and angled to achieve a natural appearance.
- The donor follicles for eyebrow transplants are usually taken from the fine hairs at the back of the neck, near the base of the scalp.
- However, transplanted hairs will retain their original characteristics so scalp hair will still grow longer than normal eyebrow hair after it has been moved. You may therefore need to trim your brows regularly after the transplant.
- The number of follicles that are transplanted will depend on the effect that you want to create. You might only need a small number of transplants to reshape your brows or several hundred to completely replace eyebrows that have been lost to problems such as alopecia areata or over-plucking.
- The treatment can create anything from a subtle thickening to a full and shapely eyebrow. The transplanted follicles will be shed a couple of weeks after the procedure, but will then grow back to achieve permanent results.
- Use cold compressor to reduce post-surgical swelling and pain
- Start taking prescribed medications immediately after your surgery
- Keep your head in an upright position for 2 days at least
- Avoid smoking for 1 week following the surgery
- The vulnerable recipient area must be protected from the sun
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine consumption for a few days
- Picking or scratching the scalp is strictly not allowed for around 30 days
- Limit or avoid sports or exercises for 30 days
- Do not wear any hats or bandage for 10 days
- Wash your hair as instructed by our surgeon
- You can shower as normal using the shampoo given to you 10 days after your procedure
- If you have question about hair products, dye and trimming your hair then please call on of our surgeon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is eyebrow transplant for Men and women?
- Alopecia can affect both men and women. Eyebrow transplant is widely used for both men and women.
Is there an age limit for eyebrow transplant?
- Usually patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for a eyebrow transplant surgery.
How long does it take for eyebrow to grow after hair transplant?
- Within a few weeks after the operation you may notice some hair loss from the new transplanted area.
- The transplanted hair will begin to grow again in 2-3 months, and it will take up to 12 months to get the complete result.
Is there any scarring?
- With FUE there’s no visible linear scarring, which makes it a better choice. FUE only leaves minute, dot-like scars where each follicle was individually removed.
- These are nearly impossible to see.
Is it a painful procedure?
- The FUE procedure will be performed under local anesthesia and is minimal to no pain during the procedure.
What is the recovery period?
- The recovery time for FUE is usually around 8-10 days.
- Recovery time depends on the type of surgery used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In general, most people return to work within a week of the procedure.