- FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction hair transplants are a popular choice for transferring follicles from one part of your scalp to another.
- The technique is often used to treat male pattern baldness by moving hair follicles from the back or sides of the head to the thinning areas.
About Hair Transplant
Who Should Consider FUE Hair Transplant?
Patients that is suffering from the following:
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Male pattern baldness
- Receding hair line
- Frontal hair line lowering or reconstruction (naturally high hairlines without an existing hair loss condition)
- Naturally thin eye brows
- Avoid taking blood thinning medication like Aspirin 3-4 days before the procedure
- Quit smoking 3-4 days prior the procedure
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for 2-3 days prior the procedure
- Limit your caffeine intake 2-3 days before
The FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- Step 1 – Hair Transplant operations are performed on patients with a mild sedation (optional) and injected with local anesthesia. The scalp treated with an antibacterial agent prior the donor scalp being harvested.
- Step 2 – With Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE harvesting, this micro removal typically uses tiny punches of 1 to 4 hairs is being extracted using a microtip from your donar area.
- Step 3 – Very small micro blades or fine needles are used to puncture the sites for extracting the grafts, placing them in a predetermined pattern and density. This is to create a realistic and natural hair looking results.
- Step 4 – The final part of the operation is by inserting individual grafts at recipient are (area of concern).
- Step 5 – Advances in wound care allow for semi-permeable dressing applied at the back of head to aid in wound healing.
- Use cold compressor to reduce post-surgical swelling and pain
- Start taking prescribed medications immediately after your surgery
- Keep your head in an upright position for 2 days at least
- Avoid smoking for 1 week following the surgery
- The vulnerable recipient area must be protected from the sun
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine consumption for a few days
- Picking or scratching the scalp is strictly not allowed for around 30 days
- Limit or avoid sports or exercises for 30 days
- Do not wear any hats or bandage for 10 days
- Wash your hair as instructed by our surgeon
- You can shower as normal using the shampoo given to you 10 days after your procedure
- If you have question about hair products, dye and trimming your hair then please call on of our surgeon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is FUE hair transplant for Men and women?
- Hair loss can affect both men and women. FUE Hair transplant is widely used for both men and women.
Is there an age limit for FUE hair transplant?
- Usually patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for a hair transplant surgery.
- A balding or receding hairline can occur at any stage of life, usually affecting males around the age of 33. However, most men start to notice a receding hairline in their early 20’s and this has caused an increase in young men looking at FUE hair transplants as a solution.
How long does it take for hair to grow after hair transplant?
- Within a few weeks after the operation you may notice some hair loss from the new transplanted area.
- The transplanted hair will begin to grow again in 2-3 months, and it will take up to 12 months to get the complete result.
Is there any scarring in FUE hair transplant?
- With FUE there’s no visible linear scarring, which makes it a better choice. FUE only leaves minute, dot-like scars where each follicle was individually removed.
- These are nearly impossible to see.
- As a result of the strip method (FUT) it creates a linear scar on the back of the head.
Is it a painful procedure?
- The FUE procedure will be performed under local anesthesia and is minimal to no pain during the procedure
What is the recovery period?
- The recovery time for FUE is usually around 8-10 days.
- Recovery time depends on the type of surgery used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In general, most people return to work within a week of the procedure. If stitches are used, they will be removed within 10 days.
- Most of the transplanted hair will fall out within 6 weeks post-surgery. New hair growth should be visible in the recipient areas within months, with hair growing by a half-inch each month.