About FUE Hair Transplant
Popular in recent years, FUE Hair Transplantation method (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a microsurgical procedure of obtaining grafts and their implantation without cuts and sutures.
Hair groups (follicles) of 1-3 hairs are individually taken from `donor area` of the patient (from other part of the body), the operation is painless and one day.
FUE Hair Transplant Step-by-Step
1st Step Drilling of grafts with a special microsurgical instrument (punch), extraction and processing
2nd Step The formation of channels for hair transplantation in the `receiving area`
3rd Step Piecewise implantation (placement) of transplants into the created channels (usually occurs in a checkerboard pattern).
There are two techniques for this seamless method that differ in the tools used.
Manual FUE Hair Transplant
Punch is inserted into a metal handle. The surgeon makes two consecutive movements: translational and rotational, separating the graph for further work. The method is very time-consuming, applied with a donor volume of up to 1,500 grafts.
Robotic FUE Hair Transplant
The most complex transplantologist requiring high qualifications. It uses a punch inserted in a micro turbine; the rotation of which graft is removed. The doctor works in virtually one movement. As if from a hand drill it switches to electric (the difference is known to everyone).
The method makes it possible to obtain very high-quality grafts, reducing the percentage of “marriage” when they are extracted to zero. The surgeon must very well feel the desired depth of the punch, adjust the speed of its rotation. The small punch diameter (in the Beyond Med Centre – 0.6 mm), the turbine rotation speed up to 1000 rpm, give the main advantage of the FUE method: minimal trauma and aesthetic effect. Spot micro scars that remain after the donor material collection procedure are almost invisible even on the shaved nape. After surgery, a person can wear a hairstyle of any length.
Nano- FUE Hair Transplant Method
Beyond Med Centre Nano-FUE or Micro FUE technique is the latest hair transplantation technique. It is a relatively new procedure that is gaining acceptance by hair transplant specialists and patients alike. Microsurgery equipment and procedures are used in the Nano-FUE technique.
(Microsurgery sews blood vessels smaller than 1 mm in diameter using special microsurgery equipment, including a special operating microscope).
Beyond Med Centre Nano-FUE technique compared to traditional FUE Hair Transplant advantages are significant. Those are decreased postoperative pain, faster recovery time, and the ability to wear the hair closely cropped. The technique also offers advantages to physicians, such as planning more precisely for the number of grafts required.
The FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- Step 1 – Hair Transplant operations are performed on patients with a mild sedation (optional) and injected with local anesthesia. The scalp treated with an antibacterial agent prior the donor scalp being harvested.
- Step 2 – With Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE harvesting, this micro removal typically uses tiny punches of 1 to 4 hairs is being extracted using a microtip from your donar area.
- Step 3 – Very small micro blades or fine needles are used to puncture the sites for extracting the grafts, placing them in a predetermined pattern and density. This is to create a realistic and natural hair looking results.
- Step 4 – The final part of the operation is by inserting individual grafts at recipient are (area of concern).
- Step 5 – Advances in wound care allow for semi-permeable dressing applied at the back of head to aid in wound healing.
Beyond Med Centre Fact
` Beyond Med Centre surgeons can allocate 600-700 grafts per hour, to achieve 98% hair survival, which meets international standards. `
However, the seamless method cannot be used for large areas of baldness, when it is necessary to transplant more than 2500 grafts. And many hours of operation (up to 8 hours) are not suitable for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is FUE hair transplant for Men and women?
- Hair loss can affect both men and women. FUE Hair transplant is widely used for both men and women.
Is there an age limit for FUE hair transplant?
- Usually patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for a hair transplant surgery.
- A balding or receding hairline can occur at any stage of life, usually affecting males around the age of 33. However, most men start to notice a receding hairline in their early 20’s and this has caused an increase in young men looking at FUE hair transplants as a solution.
How long does it take for hair to grow after hair transplant?
- Within a few weeks after the operation you may notice some hair loss from the new transplanted area.
- The transplanted hair will begin to grow again in 2-3 months, and it will take up to 12 months to get the complete result.
Is there any scarring in FUE hair transplant?
- With FUE there’s no visible linear scarring, which makes it a better choice. FUE only leaves minute, dot-like scars where each follicle was individually removed.
- These are nearly impossible to see.
- As a result of the strip method (FUT) it creates a linear scar on the back of the head.
Is it a painful procedure?
- The FUE procedure will be performed under local anesthesia and is minimal to no pain during the procedure
What is the recovery period?
- The recovery time for FUE is usually around 8-10 days.
- Recovery time depends on the type of surgery used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In general, most people return to work within a week of the procedure. If stitches are used, they will be removed within 10 days.
- Most of the transplanted hair will fall out within 6 weeks post-surgery. New hair growth should be visible in the recipient areas within months, with hair growing by a half-inch each month.