About FUT Hair Transplant
Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) is a hair restoration technique, also known as the strip procedure, where a patient’s hair is transplanted in naturally occurring groups of 1 to 4 hairs, called follicular units.
A traditional and reliable suture method for transplanting your own hair. The Beyond Med Centre FUT Hair Transplant method has undeniable advantages in the restoration of significant degrees of baldness. Without reducing the density of hair in the occipital donor area, the strip method allows you to transplant up to 12,000 hair follicles (approximately 5,000 grafts) in 5-6 hours.
The Beyond Med Centre FUT Hair Transplant method is preferred by men with an established image, not ready to radically change their hairstyle and shave baldly.
Hair transplantation with the FUT method is ideal for women because it does not require shaving of the back of your neck.
About FUT Hair Transplant?
Who Should Get a FUT Transplant?
Patients that is suffering from the following:
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Male pattern baldness
- Receding hair line
- Frontal hair line lowering or reconstruction (naturally high hairlines without an existing hair loss condition)
- Avoid taking blood thinning medication like Aspirin 3-4 days before the procedure
- Quit smoking 3-4 days prior the procedure
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for 2-3 days prior the procedure
- Limit your caffeine intake 2-3 days before
The FUT Hair Transplant Procedure
- Step 1 – Hair Transplant operations are performed on patients with a mild sedation (optional) and injected with local anesthesia. The scalp treated with an antibacterial agent prior the donor scalp being harvested.
- Step 2 – With Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE harvesting, this micro removal typically uses tiny punches of 1 to 4 hairs is being extracted using a microtip from your donar area.
- Step 3 – Very small micro blades or fine needles are used to puncture the sites for extracting the grafts, placing them in a predetermined pattern and density. This is to create a realistic and natural hair looking results.
- Step 4 – The final part of the operation is by inserting individual grafts at recipient are (area of concern).
- Step 5 – Advances in wound care allow for semi-permeable dressing applied at the back of head to aid in wound healing.
- Use cold compressor to reduce post-surgical swelling and pain
- Start taking prescribed medications immediately after your surgery
- Keep your head in an upright position for 2 days at least
- Avoid smoking for 1 week following the surgery
- The vulnerable recipient area must be protected from the sun
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine consumption for a few days
- Picking or scratching the scalp is strictly not allowed for around 30 days
- Limit or avoid sports or exercises for 30 days
- Do not wear any hats or bandage for 10 days
- Wash your hair as instructed by our surgeon
- You can shower as normal using the shampoo given to you 10 days after your procedure
- If you have question about hair products, dye and trimming your hair then please call on of our surgeon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery period?
- The recovery time for FUE is usually around 8-10 days.
Recovery time depends on the type of surgery used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In general, most people return to work within a week of the procedure. If stitches are used, they will be removed within 10 days.
- Most of the transplanted hair will fall out within 6 weeks post-surgery. New hair growth should be visible in the recipient areas within months, with hair growing by a half-inch each month.
Is FUT hair transplant for Men and women?
- Hair loss can affect both men and women. FUT Hair transplant is widely used for both men and women.
Is there an age limit for FUT hair transplant?
- Usually patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for a hair transplant surgery.
- A balding or receding hairline can occur at any stage of life, usually affecting males around the age of 33. However, most men start to notice a receding hairline in their early 20’s and this has caused an increase in young men looking at FUT hair transplants as a solution.
How long do FUT results last?
- The results from an FUT transplant procedure should last a lifetime as FUT uses your own hair from the permanent zone.
What is the recovery time after FUT?
- The linear scar where the donor hair was removed can vary in length depending on the number of grafts required and the density of hair within the strip. The length of time needed to heal your surgical wound varies from individual to individual. On average, your surgical wound will close by 7 to 10 days.
Do FUT results look natural?
- Overall, the final results of transplanted hair should look natural in appearance to the point that others will not be able to discern if a transplant was performed.
Is FUT painful?
- Just prior to the start of surgery, patients are given a sedative which is followed by local injections periodically throughout the day. In general, there is minimal to no pain during the actual procedure.
- Patients may experience some pain and discomfort after the procedure.
When will the final results be visible?
- The new hair will start to appear as fine, thin hair once it enters the growth phase 2 or 3 months after the hair transplant. Over the course of the next several months, the hair will become thicker and longer.
- After 10 to 12 months, coarse hair will be noticeable and the final results can be expected after 8 to 12 months.