Men Hair Transplant is a surgical procedure that removes hair follicles from one part of the scalp, called the ‘donor site’, to a bald of the scalp known as the ‘recipient site.’ This technique is particularly used to treat male pattern baldness. Natural results are achieved as one’s own hair is being used.
About Hair Transplant
Who Should Consider Men Hair Transplant?
Patients that is suffering from the following:
- Androgenic Alopecia
- Male pattern baldness
- Receding hair line
- Frontal hair line lowering or reconstruction (naturally high hairlines without an existing hair loss condition)
Different Techniques For Male Hair Transplant?
FUE & Nano technique
- Hair follicles are extracted individually by using micro fine -instruments.The FUE involves a micro fine cylinder shaped tubular instrument attached to a hand piece which provides a fast speed rotation.
- This enters the area creating a small shaped incision allowing the graft to be extracted without damaging its delicate micro structure. This process can be completed within a few hours only, patients will be free from pain and comfortable, with minimal recovery time.
- (FUT) is a hair restoration technique, also known as the strip procedure. A strip of hair is being removed from back of head using stereo-microscopic dissection. This procedure allows more grafts to be removed in one session. This technique is best for candidates with weak donor areas, afro hair and very curly hair.
- DHI method consists of transplanting human hair shafts one by one employing the similar method as the FUE. However the difference being the grafts are implanted with a choi pen.
The difference between Choi pen and the regular method of graft planting.
- The technician/doctor will carefully load the implanter pens ( Choi pen)
- The doctor/technician will use a choi pen to insert an incision and the g raft will be inserted/planted immediately at this point.
- Benefits of this? Some doctors/surgeons work independently without a team of technicians. However, there is no proven difference other than time. With a group of experienced technicians, the grafts will be inserted into the already created incisions, this may be a quicker root.
- During your hair transplant surgery, you may notice a team of technicians or you may not! Upon completion of the harvested grafts the Doctor/surgeon will create incisions.
- The technicians will place the grafts one by one using instruments designed for this purpose.
- Avoid taking blood thinning medication like Aspirin 3-4 days before the procedure
- Quit smoking 3-4 days prior the procedure
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for 2-3 days prior the procedure
- Limit your caffeine intake 2-3 days before
The Hair Transplant Procedure
- Step 1 – Hair Transplant operations are performed on patients with a mild sedation (optional) and injected with local anesthesia. The scalp treated with an antibacterial agent prior the donor scalp being harvested.
- Step 2 – With Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE harvesting, this micro removal typically uses tiny punches of 1 to 4 hairs is being extracted using a microtip from your donar area.
- Step 3 – Very small micro blades or fine needles are used to puncture the sites for extracting the grafts, placing them in a predetermined pattern and density. This is to create a realistic and natural hair looking results.
- Step 4 – The final part of the operation is by inserting individual grafts at recipient are (area of concern).
- Step 5 – Advances in wound care allow for semi-permeable dressing applied at the back of head to aid in wound healing.
- Use cold compressor to reduce post-surgical swelling and pain
- Start taking prescribed medications immediately after your surgery
- Keep your head in an upright position for 2 days at least
- Avoid smoking for 1 week following the surgery
- The vulnerable recipient area must be protected from the sun
- Limit your alcohol and caffeine consumption for a few days
- Picking or scratching the scalp is strictly not allowed for around 30 days
- Limit or avoid sports or exercises for 30 days
- Do not wear any hats or bandage for 10 days
- Wash your hair as instructed by our surgeon
- You can shower as normal using the shampoo given to you 10 days after your procedure
- If you have question about hair products, dye and trimming your hair then please call on of our surgeon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is hair transplant for Men and women?
- Hair loss can affect both men and women. Hair transplant is widely used for both men and women.
Is there an age limit for hair transplant?
- Usually patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for a hair transplant surgery.
- A balding or receding hairline can occur at any stage of life, usually affecting males around the age of 33. However, most men start to notice a receding hairline in their early 20’s and this has caused an increase in young men looking at FUE hair transplants as a solution.
How long does it take for hair to grow after hair transplant?
- Within a few weeks after the operation you may notice some hair loss from the new transplanted area.
- The transplanted hair will begin to grow again in 2-3 months, and it will take up to 12 months to get the complete result.
Is there any scarring?
- With FUE there’s no visible linear scarring, which makes it a better choice. FUE only leaves minute, dot-like scars where each follicle was individually removed.
- These are nearly impossible to see.
- As a result of the strip method (FUT) it creates a linear scar on the back of the head.
Is it a painful procedure?
- The FUE procedure will be performed under local anesthesia and is minimal to no pain during the procedure
What is the recovery period?
- The recovery time for FUE is usually around 8-10 days.
- Recovery time depends on the type of surgery used, with FUE offering faster recovery times.
- In general, most people return to work within a week of the procedure. If stitches are used, they will be removed within 10 days.
- Most of the transplanted hair will fall out within 6 weeks post-surgery. New hair growth should be visible in the recipient areas within months, with hair growing by a half-inch each month.