Mesotherapy Hair Treatment
Mesotherapy for Hair Growth Overview
Back To Work
What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy for Hair Growth is an injection procedure during which special medications or their combinations (cocktails) are introduced. The composition of complex preparations includes nutrients, trace elements, vitamins, beneficial amino acids and other components necessary for healthy hair.
Injection cocktails are taken for each patient individually. We take into account the patients problems and help restore hair to its former vitality and health. In this case, the active substances are delivered directly to the hair bulb. This greatly facilitates their absorption and provides an instant reaction of the body to drugs. This approach, unlike external procedures, guarantees the maximum positive effect of treatment.
The technique of injecting therapeutic cocktails was developed more than half a century ago by the French doctor Michel Pistor. Initially, it was a medical procedure aimed at alleviating pain. In recent decades, injection technology has become extremely popular in the field of cosmetology. It is actively used by the beauty industry to maintain a healthy body and hair.
Drugs are injected under the scalp with the thinnest needle to a depth of 3-4 mm. At the same time, pain is not very pronounced, therefore, during the procedure, anaesthetics are avoided where possible. On average, a mesotherapy session lasts between 30 to 40 minutes. In order to get a stable positive result, it is recommended to do at least 10 procedures.
It is recommended that you discuss all hair treatments including Mesotherapy at the time of the initial consultation with Dr. Hala Elgmati.
Mesotherapy Hair Growth ContraIndications
- Individual intolerance to the components of a medical cocktail.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Oncological diseases.
- Vascular pathology.
- Chronic renal failure.
- Hematopoietic system diseases.
- Inflammatory processes in the scalp.
- Menstruation period.
- ARI and viral infections.
- Diabetes mellitus and other pathologies of the endocrine system.
- Nervous disorders (neurosis, epilepsy).
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases.
- The tendency to form keloid scars.
Mesotherapy Hair Growth Indications
- Pathological hair loss (baldness).
- Seborrhea of various etiologies.
- The appearance of dandruff, dryness or excessive oily scalp.
- Poor Hair growth.
- Early gray hair.
- Thinning of hair, violation of their structure, the appearance of split ends.
- Deterioration of the appearance of hair after regular dyeing, curling or extension procedure.
Hair Mesotherapy - Results
A full course of Mesotherapy allows you to achieve the following results:
- Hair Loss stops.
- Their growth accelerates.
- Blood circulation in the scalp improves, which ensures the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles.
- The scalp is cleansed of dandruff and excess fat.
- The functions of the sebaceous glands are normalized.
- Hair becomes dense, thick and silky.
- The structure of curls is restored, split ends disappear.
- The appearance of the hair improves, vitality, volume, health and beautiful shine return.
Reviews from the Beyond Med Centre patients confirm that the first improvements are noticeable after the second session. The number of procedures depends on the problem. On average, you need to do from 3 to 10 procedures with a break between them of one week. To understand what effect to expect, it is enough to look at the Internet and search “before and after mesotherapy”.
Hair Mesotherapy Types Available at Beyond Med Centre
There are two types of mesotherapy, each of which has characteristic features.
1. Allopathic Mesotherapy
The purpose of the procedures is the treatment of baldness and the restoration of damaged hair structure. Allopathic cocktails include natural and synthesized vitamins, amino acids, hyaluronic acid, lipolytics, antioxidants, and vasodilators. Therapeutic compounds are prepared in the laboratory and the components are selected individually, depending on the urgent problem. Cocktails injected under the skin are designed to affect the scalp and hair structure at the cellular level. They provide a powerful therapeutic effect: restore, nourish, moisturize, remove toxins, strengthen hair roots and stimulate hair follicles to grow.
2. Homeopathic Mesotherapy
This procedure is not so popular; therefore it is used much less often. Its purpose is to normalize the sebaceous glands and restore the appearance of hair. A distinctive feature of this kind of mesotherapy is the minimum concentration of active substances. That is, the procedure is based on homeopathic doses of therapeutic drugs. This eliminates the possible addiction to the medicinal substances and provides an especially lasting positive effect. The advantage of this procedure is the absence of side effects and less risk of allergic reactions.
Hair Mesotherapy – Step-by-Step
The technique of conducting mesotherapy for hair is not particularly difficult. Before the start of the session, a specialist will conduct a test to identify an allergic predisposition. This will help to avoid unpredictable reactions.
The scalp is then treated with an antiseptic (a solution of medical alcohol or chlorhexidine). With the introduction of the drug under the skin, pain may occur. The injections are performed at a fast pace and using the finest needles, which reduces the discomfort. We try to avoid using painkillers because they are poorly combined with the components of therapeutic cocktails. Of course, a lot depends on the threshold of pain sensitivity so, if necessary, the doctor can apply a local anaesthetic.
After preliminary preparation, the specialist introduces a pre-made therapeutic cocktail under the skin. In one session, 100 to 400 injections are performed.
They are performed with a thin syringe, which is injected under the skin to a shallow depth (from 2 to 4 mm). The procedure takes from 30 to 60 minutes. The severity of pain is dependant on the individual,the composition of the drug, the depth and area of administration. So, for example, zones on the back of the head and on the side of the head are most sensitive.
Gun for injection.
In this case, the procedure takes place in a semi-automatic mode, which significantly reduces its duration. It is necessary that the cosmetologist performing the procedure is experienced and possesses the certain skills to administer the drug. This will reduce pain.
Pen (Micro Derma Needle Therapy).
This option involves the introduction of a therapeutic cocktail using a special manual device. This procedure is fully automatic, but also the most painful. The manual device is equipped with a roller with thin needles. During the procedure, the doctor runs a roller over the scalp, making many micro-punctures. Then a vitamin cocktail is applied to the skin. Thanks to pre-made punctures this is absorbed much faster and deeper than when applied to a holistic skin.
The most effective and less painful method is the manual introduction of cocktails. The procedure can cover not only the scalp but also the cervical region and the upper back. These zones often cause poor blood supply to the hair follicles with nutrients and oxygen.
During the procedure, the patient should sit comfortably on the couch (in a lying or sitting position). The specialist makes injections at a distance of 1.5-2 cm from each other, immersing the needle to a small depth under the skin. First, zones are chipped along the borders of the scalp. Then the drug is administered along the parting line along the entire surface of the head. Before each puncture, the doctor tightens the skin, which minimizes pain. After the procedure, the skin is once again treated with an antiseptic.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect from the treatment?
- You can expect new hair growth along your existing hair line and improved density, health and texture of hair.
Man or woman – who is a better candidate for this therapy?
- It is equally effective in both men and women.
Is the treatment has any side-effects?
- Mesotherapy is a safe procedure and there are no long term side effects. However, the procedure should be done under complete aseptic conditions so as to avoid folliculitis.
How long does the treatment take?
- Mesotherapy is lunch time procedure and it takes maximum half an hour for the procedure and you can go back to your work place immediately after the procedure.
Can I wash my hair after the treatment, and after how much time?
- You can wash your hair after 24 hours of Mesotherapy with your routine shampoo.
When Will I See Results?
- Results vary depending on your body type and the condition being treated. On average, patients notice visible improvement in two to three sessions. For certain conditions, patients see results after the first session.
Is this Painful?
- You may feel a slight pinching or burning sensation when the injections are administered. However, we can provide a topical anesthetic that makes treatment virtually painless.