PRP Hair Treatment
PRP Hair Treatment: a NON-SURGICAL option to fight balding
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a popular new and non-surgical method of hair loss treatment and hair restoration for women and men.
About PRP Treatment
Back To Work
- PRP is a very modern procedure that has been used elsewhere as a method of healing injuries. It is often also used as a cosmetic treatment for the face too. PRP treatments are often called the “Vampire Facelift” and the male hair procedure referred to as “PRP Vampire Hair Raising.”
- Another factor in why PRP has become so popular for patients looking to restore hair is that this is a “natural” way to restore hair.
- PRP contains many growth factors that stimulate hair follicles and can be performed every month depending on how much hair growth is required.
- PRP treatments can be used in tandem with hair transplantation to help accelerate hair growth. PRP treatments should be performed on average, every 4 to 6 weeks for three sessions. Further treatments will be evaluated by the end of the fourth month.
It is recommended that you discuss all hair treatments including PRP at the time of the initial consultation with Dr. Hala Elgmati.
Who Should Have a PRP Treatment?
PRP is a great solution for both men and women, especially when hair transplant surgery is not an option. PRP treatment will help stimulate new hair growth in men who suffer from androgenetic alopecia (known as male pattern baldness) and women who suffer from female pattern baldness.
PRP Treatment Procedure
- What PRP does is use your own blood cells in a way that only the enriched cells that contain various types of proteins remain.
- The blood is spun in a centrifuge and the PRP is separated and then removed from the rest of the blood.
- These platelets are then concentrated to 3x the normal blood value. This is then followed by an injection of the blood cells into your scalp area.
- No medications are required for pre or post procedure.
- The procedure requires just a few injections into the scalp area where the hair is currently thinning.
- Dr. Hala applies a topical anesthetic to the scalp, an hour before the procedure, to minimize any minor discomfort from the injections.
- The procedure will take approximately 30 minutes from the time your blood is drawn until the PRP is injected into your scalp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should do PRP Treatment?
People with poor hair growth and weak hair are ideal candidates for PRP treatment for hair loss. PRP can also be beneficial for those suffering from alopecia areata.
How much PRP Cost?
- Costs vary based on your needs, but on average, PRP procedures are once a month, for three sessions and the price depends on the amount of treatment area needed to be injected during each session.
When can you expect the results from PRP treatment?
- It generally takes 6–9 months to see visible results after a PRP hair loss treatment.
How long does PRP treatment take?
- It’s done during a simple office visit; about 30-45 minutes.
Is there any consultation fee?
- There is no Fee or charges. We have a Free consultation for all our services. You can call us +44 20 793 82223 and book your free appointment.
Is PRP safe?
- PRP treatment is 100% safe, effective alternative for people seeking natural healing without the use of surgery or medications. Because PRP is made from a person’s own blood there is no chance of allergic, hypersensitivity, or foreign-body reactions.
Is there a downtime after PRP treatments?
- There is no activity restriction after a PRP treatment. You may shower/shampoo/condition your hair normally just several hours after the treatment and resume normal daily and athletic activities.
Where can I get the PRP Hair Treatment Procedure?
The PRP Hair Treatment can be performed at all our locations across London and the UK. In fact, all our surgeries and procedures can be done at any of these locations. This includes all cosmetic surgeries, hair transplants, hair treatments and injectables.
- Harley Street, London.
- Kensington Olympia, London.
- City London.
You can find out which location is best for you by contacting us here.